First of all, don’t feel as if you are the only person who is suffering from such problem. Many people are suffering from such problems and more strange is the fact that they are not aware of it.
Secondly, the point is you need to find out the reason which triggers your anxiety. Your parents were not wrong because generally the people don’t understand this problem. You need to tell your parents, exactly what you feel so that whenever you face such situation they can help you out. There are few things which may be helpful to you:
1. Start doing yoga and pranayam as they are most beneficial
2. Do physical exercise
3. Plan your routine to keep yourself busy
4. Whenever, you feel that something is triggering, you just try to engage your mind in the things which you enjoy the most
5. If you don’t feel like engaging yourself, just start running, jogging or brisk walking
6. Watch motivational videos and read good books.
Please not this is not an expert advice because you have posted your query on discussion forum. If you want expert advice, please post your query through Services/medical or counselling because for that more details may be required. Do provide full information about you such as name, gender, age, what you are doing, any addiction, any other medical problem, the reason you know etc.
Do keep writing us further, if you need our help. We hope the above points will be helpful to.